This is a fairly complete bibliography of the sources used to compile these pages.
Special thanks have to go to five sources,
- D. McCaffery. Air Aces. The Lives and Times of Twelve Canadian Fighter Pilots. James Lorimer & Company, Toronto. 1990. This book was the inspiration of this site.
- Gustin's Military Aircraft Data Base for a lot of the factual information presented here.
- Herve Champain and his excellent photograph archive site and his carte blanche permission to use his photographs.
- S.F. Wise. Canadian Airmen and the First World War. The Official History of the Royal Canadian Air Force. Volume 1. University of Toronto Press, Toronto. 1980.
- B. Greenhous, S. Harris, W. Johnston and W. Rawling. The Crucible of War 1939 - 1945. The Official History of the Royal Canadian Air Force. Volume III. University of Toronto Press, Toronto. 1994.
- A. Vaughan. 418 City of Edmonton Squadron History. The Hangar Bookshelf. Belleville, Ontario.
- A. Austin and A. Dicks. Great Fighting Planes World War I to the Present Day. Military Press, NY. 1985.
- L. Milberry, (Ed.). Sixty Years The RCAF and CF Air Command 1924-1984. Canav Books. 1984.
- W. Arthur Bishop. Our Bravest and Our Best. The Stories of Canada's Victoria Cross Winners.
- N. MacMillan. Into the Blue. Jarrolds Publishers (London) Ltd. 1969 (revised).
- D. McCaffery. Billy Bishop Canadian Hero. James Lorimer & Company, Publishers. Toronto. 1988.
- W. Arthur Bishop. The Courage of the Early Morning. The True Story of Canada's Great Flying Hero, Billy Bishop, V.C. McClelland and Stewart. 1985.
- William A. Bishop. Winged Warfare. McGraw - Hill Ryerson. Toronto. 1990.
- C. Campbell. Aces and Aircraft of World War I. Greenwich House. Crown Publishers Inc., N.Y.
- Cpt. E. Brown. Duels in the Sky World War II Naval Aircraft in Combat. Naval Inst. Press. Maryland, USA. 1988.
- H. Halliday. Woody A Fighter Pilot's Album. CANAV Books, Toronto. 1987.
- E. Angelucci and P. Matricardi. Combat Aircraft of World War II. 1933 - 1937. Vol I. 1938 - 1939. Vol II. 1939 - 1940. Vol III. 1940 - 1941. Vol IV. 1941 - 1942. Vol V. 1942 - 1943. Vol VI. 943 - 1944. Vol VII. 1944 - 1945. Vol VIII. Military Press, New York, NY. 1987
- R. Collishaw with R. Dodds. Air Command. William Kimber and Co. Ltd. London. 1973.
- Brig.-Gen. J. L. Collins (Ed.). The Marshall Cavendish Encyclopedia of World War II. Volumes 3 and 4. Marshall Cavendish Corp., New York. 1972.
- R. Bickers. The Battle of Britain. Prentice Hall Press. New York. 1990.
- B. Pitt (Ed.). World War II An Illustrated History. V3. Purnell Reference Books. Milwaukee. 1977.
- B. Taylor. Final Assault from Above. Pg 50, Military History Magasine Presents Great Battles, May 1988.
- E. Cosgrove. Canada's Fighting Pilots. Canadian Portraits Series. Clarke Irwin & Company Limited. Toronto. 1965.
- Lt.-Col. G. Drew. Canada's Fighting Airmen. The MacLean Publishing Company Limited, Toronto. 1930.
- J. Taylor and C. Bowyer. Pictorial History of the RAF Vol 1 1918 - 1939. Ian Allan Ltd., London. 1980.
- J. Taylor and P. Moyes. Pictorial History of the RAF Vol. 2 1939 - 1945. Ian Allan Ltd., London. 1980.
- R. Rimmell. The German Army Air Service in World War I. Arms and Armour Press. 1985.
- M. Garbett and B. Goulding. The Lancaster at War. Musson Book Company, Toronto. 1971.
- P. Brickhill. Dam Busters. Evans Brothers Limited, London. 1951.
T. Coughlin, The Dangerous Sky. Canadian Airmen in World War II. The Ryerson Press, Toronto, Canada. 1968
A. Price, The Bomber in World War II. Charles Scribner's Sons, New York, NY. 1976
- The USAF Museum, Wright-Patteron AFB
- Bf109 data found at Kurtz's Heart of Darkness page.
- Fighter Pilot Ace List.
- Aero Space Museum of Calgary.
Canadian Aces Home Page